Correct log in… and just show offline

Are WD support team or as a matter of fact anyone at WD actually working on fixing the My Cloud Home Offline and unaccessible issue seriously.

We are their customers and based on our faith in their company have spent our money and put our data on their device which have erroneous update and made our device inaccessible.

They have professional, legal and moral obligation to get the matter resolved immediately. Contrary to this, WD is oblivious and not doing anything to resolve the matter and the worst thing is, their support team is suggesting the customers to hard reset the my cloud home device on trial and error bases and jeopardising the data. This needs to be addressed IMMEDIATELY.

2 Likes

i am having the same issue of the device stay offline, i made a report to WD on 29th of June 20, i received the return of email to try to recover this offline issue, many round of testing and the issue still remain, i am run out of ideas and hope to get the advise from all the WD MY Cloud home end users who are facing the same issue for help, my case was happened just after the updating.

1 Like

I would like to update that my home cloud connection error was resolved already after resetting my home router, but i took another action at the same time of hard resting of my home cloud by pushing the rest button behind so all the data were then deleted.

As long as the device is back now, i am happy to be able to continue using it.

1 Like

Guys,
Are you all back online?
What firmware versions are you all running?

Hi,

I am back to online, just to let you have the overview:-

1. WD Discovery :- 4.0.251
  2. My Cloud Home S/W version :- 7.8.0-112
  3. My Cloud Home App version :- 4.9.0(1740)

The above are the latest update version that i am running on My Cloud Home device now.

I thought you had 7.9.0…

That is the information that I just copied down from my apps, not sure is there something to do with the hard reset when I did it to the device and it was gone back to the factory default setting?

Maybe they manage downgrade yours if it was firmware related…
I was just trying to find an explanation of your issues.

Thanks for explanation and hope that they could manage their s/w update properly to minimize the impact and inconvenience caused to the end users. Good luck!

1 Like

can you please share as to how you were able to get online

1 Like

Hi,

I did with two actions :-

1. Rest my internet router :- Refresh the router by power off for 1 min and power on again to let the system initialize.
  2. Hard reset on My home cloud device :- Used a pin to depress the reset button at the back of the device, keep pushing until the device turn off (May take awhile) and let the device back to power on by itself again.

I did both of the above at the same time, i suggest to take the step one above first to see if the result is good or not, by doing the step one can get My Home Cloud device on line again then you wouldn’t lost the data saved in the hard disk of the device. Just a reminder that when you take the step two action then all data saved in the device will be wiped off.

The aim is to get the device back to function again even data are lost for me . But i hope that any software updating in the future should not lead to the result of device stay off line and not able to reset, this is my worry in long run.

1 Like

My MyCloud Home has been down since last weekend (when Windows received an update), and now my PC can’t see my cloud drive. I spent an hour on the phone with support yesterday, we troubleshooted ALL the Windows 10 issues, and nothing worked. They finally offered to send me a new MyCloud Home. I don’t want a new one, I just want my two terabytes of data! I’m so frustrated at this point that I can’t see straight.

1 Like

Thanks TKTng

I’m glad you could get the device back online.

But my concern is regarding the data.

If someone here has been able to get the device back online along with the data secured please guide as there are many here waiting for the remedy.

1 Like

I’m still waiting too, whatst the point resetting if this happens again, i luckily had another copy of most of my data but some was lost, so I am waiting in hopes of an update. but have since bought a new external hard drive as I don’t trust their external back up any more.

1 Like

Since OS 5 came on the scene, I have realized that WD are no longer reliable cloud or storage company. I have done EVERYTHING possible to try and make this device work. I have 40 years of IT architecture and windows development behind me. WD Support is the MOST USELESS in the world. I recommend that everyone with a WD Cloud device fix the unit by grabbing a 4 lb hammer and permanently fixing the device that way. That’s how I feel about this device. ADVICE: DO NOT PURCHASE WD Products as they are unreliable and do not work What a waste of money. I have 30 Tb of WD drives. I’ll NEVER purchase another WD again. If the device is Offline, my guess is WD want us all to do the same. I’m going offline with WD…