WD My Cloud Home Device Offline

It did work with MCH and I used a powered (12v dc) SATA to USB connector and then used the software to rescue the data using the process found in this guide.

UFS requires an expensive license, wish I could help people with data loss and at least help someone.

1 Like

Nice! Thank you for this link … I‘ll look into that! Community is helping where WD is failing epically, nice!

Hello… My device also went offline and my ethernet link led is not active. Anyone knows what to do?

1 Like

Anyone can help, same here mycloud home went offline and reset many times but no result. When I checked to my wired router connection it also not there, anyone can help? Will never buy WD anymore!

3 Likes

Oops. Today is 2022. Jan. 25.
I met the same offline problem like all you guys.
What a disappointment company and product!
No solution, no more WD.

5 Likes

that’s odd… , we were facing same issue from today, seem offline when accessing using internet, but when using same network with the home cloud, everything is okay

3 Likes

Here too.

We have 2 EX2 Ultras both Devices are offline.
We could connect last week. We have not changed any part of our settings

WD why can you not get this right!?

1 Like

same here

Same - been like it since early this morning. Been round in circles on the support pages which are utter useless. Who ever in WD thought making a local mass storage device with no local admin facility and accessible only if it can talk to the Internet is an ■■■■■. Will never touch another WD device

2 Likes

Same problem, been offline since WD changed their logon requirement. Re booted everything but still no connection

Go to this topic: MYCloud Home “Offline” - #36 by nishuperera

The My Cloud Home server is down @sampcuk had called them

1 Like

Still down in Scotland. Didn’t even know this is possible - would not have bought the ■■■■ thing if I’d understood their server side issues can render a local NAS drive useless.

1 Like

@Animal-E,

Are you unable to access it locally? Most people are reporting that it is down remotely…as in trying to access it from outside the local network.

My Cloud Home uses a proxy for remote access for security purposes. That proxy server is down right now: https://status.mycloud.com/os4

They are aware of the issue and it should hopefully be fixed soon.

January has been a big month of updates for WD Cloud devices. They are rolling out new account authorization to use auth0‌.‌accounts‌.‌westerndigital‌.‌com on all apps and the website, My Cloud OS3 has ended life this month requiring the use of OS5 on My Cloud devices, and the My Cloud Home devices are going to be getting a new major update soon that will update the “Do more apps” (including a long-awaited update to the Plex server). This new update has been in beta test for a while but is supposed to roll out in early 2022.

Not sure if today’s outage is related to any of this. Sometimes servers just go down.

2 Likes

My device is connected to Internet and power. Yet, the message is that my Mycloud Home is offline.
I really need to use my files.

https://community.wd.com/t/01-25-2022-my-cloud-home-offline-message/275051/4

1 Like

Tengo el mismo problema

No funciona

WD actually did something to damage a bunch of WD MyCloud Homes all at once. One weekend in Oct a whole bunch of them went down simultaneously on the same weekend in October. I’ve given up on WD and will not buy another hard drive from them. To lose an 8GB drive is a lot of info. Thankfully, I have backups in various places. I just replaced the MyCloud with a Synology 2 Bay Desktop NAS DiskStation DS220j and [Seagate IronWolf 4TB NAS Hard Drive 5900 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s CMR 3.5" Internal HDD for RAID Network Attached Storage ST4000VN008]. Never buy another WD product again.

That Oct 1, 2021 update was due to the Let’s Encrypt’s root certificate which expired globally on Sep. 30, 21 which necessitated a forced firmware update from WD, the incident was somewhat beyond WD control although they could have communicated it better. Most MCH users are home users who could get their unit to work in about 15 minutes and if they couldn’t they would try again a little while then return it.

There are a thousand reasons why a network couldn’t connect and shows offline, what appears to be simple has a lot of connectivity and technology behind it. Home users who want simplicity should just stay with USB HDD backup and one of the online cloud storage providers.

Same problem my cloudhome Offline. I tried every way. No solution

Hi, same problem with my cloudhome, after last week it is offline again from 28/01.