WD My Cloud EX2 Firmware Version 1.04.04

Nice to see another update, I love updates. Thanks

Up and running OK here.

Looking at the changelog, there seem to be no changes or a fix for full ftp functionality.

Or something for the 100% cpu usage by the convert process…

The “remember me” function that works now is nice though.

Drive temp is also good to have.

[MOD: Moved from the official firmware update thread]

NOTR82 wrote:

Nice to see another update, I love updates. Thanks

Up and running OK here.

Looking at the changelog, there seem to be no changes or a fix for full ftp functionality.

Or something for the 100% cpu usage by the convert process…

The “remember me” function that works now is nice though.

Drive temp is also good to have.

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback!  Glad to see you are up and running well.  We have received feedback previously about the other issues that you mention and have routed these to the proper teams within WD :smiley:

What does this mean:

• Updated FTP and NFS protocol to be disabled by default. Changes will occur if device is reset to factory state.

Is FTP completely disabled and we cannot turn ftp on from the settings?? If so, I’d be curious to know why?

Cybernut1 wrote:

What does this mean:

• Updated FTP and NFS protocol to be disabled by default. Changes will occur if device is reset to factory state.

Is FTP completely disabled and we cannot turn ftp on from the settings?? If so, I’d be curious to know why?

Hello,

FTP hasn’t been removed, just disabled by default for new users.  We are turning off processes that are not as popular as CIFS/AFP by default.

daytrdr wrote:> Hello,

FTP hasn’t been removed, just disabled by default for new users.  We are turning off processes that are not as popular as CIFS/AFP by default.

Okay, makes sense. But if I remember correctly though, FTP by default was turned off when I bought mine (I was one of the earliest EX2 customers buying it within a week after it’s launch)…so I am not sure what exactly was changed…since it was disabled by default before and seems like that’s what the current firmware does :slight_smile:

But I am quite disappointed to see that a long-known bug for FTP that I reported about (unable to save external IP from dashboard’s FTP config) is still unaddressed over four months after I reported it. WD has been assuring me it will get fixed…but I don’t know when that’ll really happen.

I upgraded to 1.04.4 firmare.

Should I be concern of “/proc/5608/oom_adj is deprecated” message ?

EXT4-fs (md1): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: usrquota,grpquot a
iSCSI-Target v4.1.0-rc1.

1. Support Default Policy
  2. Support Session Info
  3. update to linux-3.2.51
    Loading iSCSI transport class v2.0-870.
    iscsi: registered transport (tcp)
    iscsid (5608): /proc/5608/oom_adj is deprecated, please use /proc/5608/oom_score _adj instead.
    ~ # date
    Thu Jul 24 07:10:43 CDT 2014
    ~ #