WD My cloud download directory to zip

Hi

I try to download a directory from my cloud to my PC windows 7 by drag and drop :

After downloading, the zip file seems to be corrupted ?

1-09-2014 11-55-51.png

Any solution ?

Do you encounter this behavior with this particular .ZIP file, or is there a pattern related to file size or location? Can the .ZIP file be extracted directly into your computer without being copied first?

Regards,

It’s not a zip, it’s a drag and drop of a directory from PC My cloud Desktop (1.0.5.41) to windows 7 explorer

The program zip automatically the content of the directory but seems to be corrupted for windows

Thank you for your help

I would like to escalate a similar problem with the 3 TB My Book which had started recently. The initial problem with My Book is you cant copy and paste files to the PC Desktop. Then Wd advised that I need to drag and drop files. Even that was ok.

Now the moment you drag and drop files irresepective of what file it is, it immediately gets converted into a ZIP file!

And the hazzle of opening and extracting even a single file every time a file is dragged and dropped has given me reason that my valuable files may not be safe in My Book because of new problems cropping up.

When contacted, WD personnel replied that this is how Cloud System works and they cant do anything more!!

please resolve if possible or I go back to the normal WD hard disk which does not give any problems whatsoever.

Morpheus2004 wrote:

I would like to escalate a similar problem with the 3 TB My Book which had started recently. The initial problem with My Book is you cant copy and paste files to the PC Desktop. Then Wd advised that I need to drag and drop files. Even that was ok.

Now the moment you drag and drop files irresepective of what file it is, it immediately gets converted into a ZIP file!

And the hazzle of opening and extracting even a single file every time a file is dragged and dropped has given me reason that my valuable files may not be safe in My Book because of new problems cropping up.

When contacted, WD personnel replied that this is how Cloud System works and they cant do anything more!!

please resolve if possible or I go back to the normal WD hard disk which does not give any problems whatsoever.

Why are you mixing different products’ issues? You are talking about My Book but this board is for a very different product…not for My Book…not for My Cloud…but for My Cloud Mirror. Unless you have the Mirror product (or an EX2/EX4 which shares the same codebase as the Mirror), don’t conflate your issues with this product’s issues.

Hi Morpheus2004, can you share the model number for your device?