WD My Cloud doesn't go to sleep mode after FW upgrade 4.00.00-607 (7/9/14)

My WD My Cloud doesn’t go to sleep mode after  FW upgrade 4.00.00-607 (7/9/14), It was working smoothly before uppgrade. My dasbord has every setting as before. :cry:  

Hello

What _might_ help: switch the “sleep” off in dashboard. Restart drive (dashboard) and switch the sleep on, again.

BTW: when your NAS did go to sleep, didn’t it wake up frequently even if not used at the moment? Mine does so and when it IS being used (like the PC is on with access to it, it does to sleep only to wake up again. Absolutely the other way round from what I expected.

1 Like

Sorry, It doesn’t solve my issue. 

Does the main page of dashboard show content scanning or similar?

no nothing, everything has right mark.

…and how long ago did you do the upgrade?   It takes quite a long time for the system to stop doing post-upgrade work.

1 Like

Yes I have found a sollution … “Sync the date and time online once”  it works fine now… (I will never uppgrade new FW immediately) :smiley:  thank you friend for help.:heart:

1 Like

Kunabal wrote:

Yes I have found a sollution … “Sync the date and time online once”  it works fine now… (I will never uppgrade new FW immediately) :smiley:  thank you friend for help.:heart:

Thanks, I had the same issue and the NTP sync fixed it!

This is interesting.  I’ve been having some issues and now have two MyClouds (one to be RMA’d when we’re done troubleshooting) to compare against.

Something I noticed on the replacement drive was that it never seemed to want to go to sleep.  I had turned off wdmcserver and wdphotodbmerger to load the replacement drive up with data and wanted to keep it from indexing while I did that.  For some reason, the drive would not sleep, no matter what I did.  It was idle, nothing was talking to it, it just would sit there, spinning, blue LED on solid.  Turning off NTP did nothing.  Toggling sleep mode did nothing.

Trying to see what might be different between the two drives, I set the original back up and waited.  Yep, went to sleep normally.  The only thing that was different between the two drives was the two services not running.  So I re-enabled the services on the second drive, and of course, it’s gone off churning away, indexing.  Overnight and it’s done, and now it’s sleeping peacefully.

So I’m not sure what’s going on, but it seems to be related to not having those services on, or another third task expecting the indexing process to complete and not getting a result, keeping the drive alive.

I’ll keep investigating.

So should it say time.windows.com or NTP pool service under the NTP Service on/off

There is no solution but to get a new drive. This is a very common fault with Wd My Cloud.

Send in a log and you will get the answer that the drive is faulty.

That means: you will have to buy another drive to transfer and save your data before

you hand it in. It is very, very expensive to own a WD My Cloud.

As anyone mesured what is the power consumtion in sleep mode ? and working mode