WD My Cloud Desktop App Can't Connect

WD My Cloud Desktop application for Windows 7 recently stopped working for a user. This is for remote access. I have tested their login and can login and access files via wd2go.com, and I can also login using their account on another computer with the My Cloud Desktop app so it doesn’t appear to be a problem with the MyCloud configuration itself. I think it has to do with the Security Alert Certificate prompt not appearing on their system. I have uninstalled My Cloud Desktop, and deleted all references to it under c:\users\username\appdata\local\western digital and then reinstalled to no effect. Suggestions?

Exact error message btw is “can’t connect to this device” with no further explanation. I have of course removed and readded the device in the My Cloud Desktop software as well as tried connecting to it both via a code and a mycloud account.

Hello, as of right now WD is having issues with wdmycloud.com, please keep checking the community for updates.

The service outage doesn’t seem to be what caused the problem. First off, I could login with My Cloud Desktop on another PC using the same username while this PC was still unable to connect. Also, it’s now 2 days later and the problem persists on the original PC. Also none of the other remote users are having this problem. I’m fairly certain that the problem lies with the fact that the My Cloud Desktop program on the problem pc no longer displays the “Security Alert” prompt so there is no way to click Yes to proceed despite certificate error. If I close the Security Alert prompt on the PC that works without clicking OK I get the same symptoms, a long pause at the Sit back while we connect to the device message followed by the “Can’t connect to device” error.

So my question is how do I restore the Security prompt?

And just a reminder, I have already tried uninstalling the My Cloud application.