WD My Cloud - Backup to USB creates duplicate folders

When I create a backup task NAS - USB, no matter what I try it always creates two folders on the USB drive, the first with the name of the original NAS folder, and a sub folder with the same name containing the backed up files. I dont want this, I just want a single folder containing the backed up files - is this possible?
thanks

Screenshot???

I have the same issue. I set up a NAS → USB backup of an entire share. The result of the backup is a folder on the USB drive with the name of the share, then a subfolder with the name of the share, and inside that are the share contents.

This behaviour is mildly annoying. Idealy, I want the backup to result in a folder with the share name containing the share’s contents.

This is the share I want to backup:
Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 09.11.55

And this is the result of the backup:
Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 09.11.46

Am I doing something wrong? Why is it like this?

Because I am a new user, I am limited to 2 image uploads per post :slight_smile:

This is how I set up the backup job. The entire share to the root of the USB drive.
Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 09.14.21

This unfortunately is something not available on the My Cloud Home (MCH). It never has been.

This is the problem with someone posting the original thread in the wrong subforum and then propagating a series of posts by others years on that did not help anyone who is searching for a solution in this My Cloud Home subforum.

The MCH is OS4, a cut down version of WD NAS OS for the home with very limited NAS functionality.