WD My Book World Edition II (BlueRings) - NO CD

This WD NAS drive (WD10000D033x), which was given to me by a friend, does not have a CD (he lost it), and it still has his files on it, but in locked folders. So I need to delete his files, but have no way of doing so without being able to manage the drive. So, how do I get in to manage the drive without the CD software? I see there are downloads available but they are source files, which are no good to me without compilation knowledge, so can I manage without the CD, and if so, how? I have an Intel iMac running OS 10.9.5 and a Windows 7 PC.

Any help will be appreciated.

The best workaround I found for this was to reset the drive to its default username and password, then log in to the drive with my browser using http://nameofdrive, which took me to the WD Shared Storage Manager, from where I changed the Drive Type (but keeping the same drive type) and in so doing erase all the data. I was then able to set up new shared folders.

Hi there and welcome to the WD community.

Good to hear you were able to get the unit working hopefully this can help other users that get the same issue.