Wd my book WDBBGB0040HBK The sound is tricky

Peace be upon you
Unfortunately, I purchased Hardy from the Western Digital brand, which from the beginning sounded a hard drive crash while copying, and replaced it after being referred to sazgar argham warranty, and again this hard drive has the same problem but less.
Apparently this is a problem in Western Digital products, and the quality of Western Digital HDDs is in sharp decline!
Is it possible to rely on this hard drive to save data?
Is this going to get worse in the long run?
What is the reason for this sound?
I’m not happy with my purchase, because I suppose the quality of Western HD was beyond that.

I am waiting for a convincing answer from the Western
Thank you and thank you

Hi @saman.kh

I’m sorry you’ve been having trouble with your My Book. A clicking sound is often (but not always) indicative of physical damage to the product. Please see the article below for more information and things you can try that may resolve the issue:

Error

Hello and thanks
The cable is a power adapter and a USB cable for the original mobile device and is also used in another system that has the same problem.
Is creating this sound when copying it not permanently, but naturally?
Considering that on my desktop system, I have 4 hard drives, 7200 rpm and 5400 rpm, I have not seen such a sound in any of these, and this sound seems abnormal.
And I’m surprised that the Western company, which has this problem and neglected, or that the product achieved by the recipient is of a kind of refference and is
Will this problem resolve with software or firmware updates?
What help can you give me?
Thank You

Hello and thanks
The cable is a power adapter and a USB cable for the original mobile device and is also used in another system that has the same problem.
Is creating this sound when copying it not permanently, but naturally?
Considering that on my desktop system, I have 4 hard drives, 7200 rpm and 5400 rpm, I have not seen such a sound in any of these, and this sound seems abnormal.
And I’m surprised that the Western company, which has this problem and neglected, or that the product achieved by the recipient is of a kind of refference and is
Will this problem resolve with software or firmware updates?
What help can you give me?
Thank You

If the items in the article did not resolve your issue, I’d recommend contacting support for additional troubleshooting or replacing the drive (if it’s under warranty you may be able to create an RMA - I’ll give you a link below).

1 Like

Peace be upon you
According to your order, Hard is delivered to the “sazgar argham” warranty in Iran
And after testing and hearing a hard drive, it was clicked or scratched sound when copied at some time, which was also felt by the hard drive when sounding the hard drive shake.
Unfortunately, with the justification that this sound was normal and unproblematic in the round up and rotation, they refuse to provide any services to solve this problem.
Due to the above, there is a problem with this product
Is the justification for that warranted Western Digital license?
And why does the sound of the click or rattle cause hard drive?
What is your solution to your servant’s lack of accountability?
Thank You