WD My Book Live read not OS!

Hello.

Please advice, my WD My Book Live after the last update and rebooting the system no longer read operations. Still only a yellow light LED. The system does not load even after two days. I tried to disable the MBL for one to several days and then joined again, but the system still does not load. Did not help me or repeated recovery (restart) on the rear panel.
Not sure how to transfer the MBL, or what should I do? MBL is still under warranty, but full of private data.
Thank you in advance for any good advice.

did you use a paper clip to hold in the small reset button for at least 4 seconds?

Yes, paper clip I also used to reset more times but without success. WD still yellow LED lights up and loads the operating system. even after 2 days does not load OS

You said that the light stays Yellow… It should be either Blue or Green. The yellow light indicates that the OS is loading, but that is taking way too long. I believe this problem has happened to other people as well.

You should contact WD Support. If this is the same problem other people were having, WD has a fast turn around for replacing the unit.

I know that LEDs should be lit in blue and green. This also shone before I made ​​the last update. I moved the WD drive to her place and she started to boot and no more work. I returned the unit back to PC and it’s still just as bad.
In support, I tried to call, but from the Czech Republic can not I connect with them. Automat tells me whether I will call during business hours and when I call in the morning or at noon.

I thought maybe someone here me advise how to fix my WD My book live with such a defect.

Hi,

I have the same problem. The support guys saw to me that I have to replace my drive. And I’m trying to open a RMA there are one month without success. WD service is terrible!

marsy wrote:

I know that LEDs should be lit in blue and green. This also shone before I made ​​the last update. I moved the WD drive to her place and she started to boot and no more work. I returned the unit back to PC and it’s still just as bad.
In support, I tried to call, but from the Czech Republic can not I connect with them. Automat tells me whether I will call during business hours and when I call in the morning or at noon.

I thought maybe someone here me advise how to fix my WD My book live with such a defect.

Hi Fillipeuff,

So what do you do with the MB? I got it in private data and do not know what they do with the disc in the service!

Hi Marsy,

I did nothing. I’m waiting for WD support fix the problem with RMA service. :frowning:

I have the same problem, my WD My Book Live doesn’t work for 2 days. The yellow led is continuously light up. Someone know how to fix this problem? The unique solution is replace the unit? Thanks!

The failure took me about 1 month. I tried all possible methods of reboots to retrieve the drive system. The disc has not already recovered. After consultation with the seller, I returned the goods to claim and now the manufacturer is sending me a new disk. Original disc could not be repaired.

Diskinternals Linux Reader for Windows can read and copy data off a MyBookLive data partition if you remove the HDD from the MyBookLive Case and is absolutely FREE
http://www.diskinternals.com/linux-reader/

See this thread for my original post
http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Book-Live/Data-recover-on-a-My-Book-Live-2TB-HELP/m-p/430126#M12428

Also see my guide on how to remove the HDD from the MyBookLive case and unbrick using just Windows, a Live System Rescue CD and a thumbdrive
http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Book-Live/GUIDE-How-to-unbrick-a-totally-dead-MBL/m-p/435724/highlight/true#M12669