WD My Book Live FirmWare 02.11.09-053 Issue

After updating a brand new 3 TB device to the current firmware level 02.11.09, I couldnt create users or shares.  When attempted, it gives an error code and a message : internal server error, please try again.

1. When trying to access shares tab on the web UI the following error appears : 33166 internal server error.      Please retry your last operation.  when retried, the same error appears.
  2. 33152 - failed to create the specified share.  Please try again - when trying to CREATE a share
  3. When clicking on the users tab on the web UI the following error appears :     32102 - Internal Server Error. Please retry your last operation 4. Cannot change admin password

WD Level 2 tech support was able to rectify the above with a full factory reset.   

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your solution

Mark the post as solved, this might help other people

Bought a 2Tb My Book Live with this firmware out the box. Plugged it in, tried to add users - straight into Internal Server errors!! Not what I consider a quality product!

I’m trying Springbok’s suggestion of a full factory restore, but not hopeful as I broke the seals myself so would hope it already was. I’ll update in a couple of hours when it’s finished!!

1 Like

Well, a little over 3 1/2 hours later…I can now create accounts and set security without errors.

How **bleep** is that. Have to factory restore it out the box!

1 Like

Getting same error.  Just bought unit and install on LAN.  Trying full factory reset… unreal.  WD should consider investing more (something?) in QA.

Same problem - brand new - internal server errors - factory reset (short one) & all appears to be fine - how did all these devices get past QC?

I have the same issue with a 2TB live book. But I am not able to do a factory reset form the softwre. I have tried to reset the Live book with pushing the rest bottum on the device but still get the same error. Is there any other solution to reset the Live book ?

Same problem here.   When I click the Utilities link, the page never loads.  I tried reseting via the reset button, but the same issues exists.  Anyone have any suggestions as to how to perform full factory reset?

yes - I have the same problem. Reset button has no effect. As already noted by previous messages on this topic, how can  WD release a product that does not function out of the box? Whether it is the firmware update or not, they should be ashamed of themselves.

aqparks wrote:

Same problem here.   When I click the Utilities link, the page never loads.  I tried reseting via the reset button, but the same issues exists.  Anyone have any suggestions as to how to perform full factory reset?

you could try doing it over shh

How do you factory reset over SSH?