WD My Book for Mac 2TB and OS X Yosemite

Good afternoon

I have an IMac  running OS X Yosemite version 10.10.3 and since one of the updates at the begining of March 2015 I have been unable to see m WD MY Book live on my home network from my MAC.

Apple have indictaed during the last update that the WD software is no longer supported and placed the WD application in a folder called “Incompatible software folder” is there a software update ?

Note from Apple

OS X: About the incompatible software folder
Some incompatible software is automatically disabled when you install OS X.

Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard and later protect your Mac from certain incompatible software that may quit unexpectedly, or cause other issues. When you install OS X, or when you migrate from another Mac, known-incompatible software is moved to a folder named “Incompatible Software”.
OS X also prevents known-incompatible software from opening. If you see a message indicating that you can’t use “this version” of an app, contact the software’s vendor or visit their website to see if a later, compatible version of the app is available. If you purchased the software from the Mac App Store, use Software Update to see if an updated version is available there.

Software restricted during installation and migration
During installation, OS X moves known-incompatible software to a folder named “Incompatible Software” at the top level of the startup drive. If this folder is present on your Mac, see what applications are in it, then check for available updates. To obtain a newer version of an Apple app, check the Mac App Store, or visit the Apple Store website.

Software restricted from opening
After installation, if you try to open (“launch”) software known to quit unexpectedly, OS X may prevent it from opening. An alert also appears notifying you of the incompatibility. If you see this kind of message on your Mac, check to see if an update is available for the software mentioned in the alert. To obtain a newer version of an Apple app, check the Mac App Store, or visit the Apple Store webs

Hi there try to install the latest version of the application to see if it works again. You can go to http://setup.wdmycloud.com and from there you should be able to re download desktop application again. 

Hi

Thank you for the respnse  but sadly still same issue, software sent to same incomapablity folder

Phil