WD My Book Duo data forever lost if Drive Enclosure Dies!

Same problem here. But i’ve managed to recover the data on the Duo using RAID recovery on a PC workstation.
I use RAID 0, i just pulled off both Duo drives and load it to my windows machine then Run the RAID recovery.
Both drives are healthy.

But this will need a paid license in order to recover the data structures from Directory level. I use free trial, which only allowed me to do files copy only.

I thought it was an OS X problem, I’ve managed to bring it back to live after recover OSX from Time Machine, the duo was mounted. but then randomly ejected again.
so i assume that the duo enclosure was defective.

I’m so stressed now, i’m trying to recover the data to my Promise Pegasus R4 Thunderbolt but there’s no way to doing it on my PC.

Here’s my original post:

The RAID configuration from the DUO was on the DRIVES. same like software RAID or OSX RAID. so actually you can just pulled off and put it in your PC / old Mac Pro SATA slots (some says that you can use any enclosures that support RAID, but then configure it as a JBOD). then try to rebuild RAID by reading it’s existing RAID config on the drives. This will NOT delete the Data nor the existing RAID config.