WD My Book 4tb not working?

Last month I bought this but have not had a chance to open it until now. I clicked on the install discovery for windows and it said it was installing but then nothing. I thought maybe the download I got interrupted so I tried it again, and it told me I was running the latest version. But there were no directions of any kind, no boxes to check on my computer allowing any kind of activity from it. I have an older external drive from the same brand that I just copy and paste files over into but it would not let me do that here. I don’t know 100% even know what discovery does. I just wanted to store a large amount of photographs and videos, and it doesn’t seem to want to do that. It will start to say it is pasting them over, but then it stops without an error message and nothing was transferred.

from the web page …

WD Discovery allows you to download and keep up to date other WD Apps such as WD Security app, WD Backup and WD Drive Utilities, and learn about software from WD partners.

If you want to use the hard drive as a basic copy and paste storage drive for your photos … installing WD Discovery is not necessary.

Now, why the hard drive is not working … i don’t know ?

maybe some more info like PC or Mac, Operating System (Win/iOS/Linux), Operating System Version and alos things you’ve tried eg. a different USB port a different computer etc etc