WD My Book 3TB & "wdidle"

OK I have 1 of the above which is connected to my WD TV Live and another one which i have taken apart and put the drive inside the PC itself, what i need to know from folks is how i can 1) Check if i have applied the wdidle “hack” to both the internal and external drive, 2) If i have not applied the wdidle trick then how is the best way of doing it bearing in mind one is inside PC running of am Adaptec Serial ATA II RAID 1430SA and the other is still i it’s external box and any software will have to talk to the chipset within the WD unit.

All1

Hi, note that removing the internal hard drive will void the warranty. The type of modifications you are trying to do is not supported, but maybe there are some other community users that could offer some advice. 

Hi, note that removing the internal hard drive will void the warranty. The type of modifications you are trying to do is not supported, but maybe there are some other community users that could offer some advice

Yea i knew that from day one and i’m happy with lack of warranty doing this, given internal drive is just a “WD30EZRX” i presumed it would be a simple job anyone else have any input on working with internal WD30EZRX drive?

Also i have another 3TB MyBook that i’d like advise on as well, can you help with that one Ichigo? It’s still in it’s case therefore still under warranty.

All1

Hi again, wdidle is only supported for internal drives, currently there is not way to use it with external drives. You can make the suggestions in the ideas board so other users can vote for it.

http://community.wd.com/t5/External-Drive-Ideas/idb-p/external_ideas