WD Mini has no sound

I have been using a WD mini media player for well over 12 months and it has been working perfectly, however because it wouldn’t play MPEG 4 files I decided to upgrade.

I have moved the WD Mini player to another TV in the house however I am unable to get any sound from it, The picture is perfect and because it has no HDMI port at the back of the MINI I have set it up via the 3 pins.

I have also re connected back to the other TV where I can get it to work no problem.

Can you please advise what I am doing wrong and why I have no sound.

Cheers

Sounds like a TV problem. 

And also posted in the Incorrect Forum …

This is the Live Hub forum.

I am guessing tis because you have not changed a sound setting ? Going from HDMI to component on two different TVs is the problem.

Sorry guys looks like I posted on wrong forum,

I’s nothing to do with the HDMI as the MINI doesn’t have a HDMI port,

Thanks anyway

Gonzo2u wrote:

I have been using a WD mini media player for well over 12 months and it has been working perfectly, however because it wouldn’t play MPEG 4 files I decided to upgrade.

I have moved the WD Mini player to another TV in the house however I am unable to get any sound from it, The picture is perfect and because it has no HDMI port at the back of the MINI I have set it up via the 3 pins.

I have also re connected back to the other TV where I can get it to work no problem.

Can you please advise what I am doing wrong and why I have no sound.

Cheers

Ah ok dunno why you mentioned HDMI at all then.

I would guess that you are playing sound that your latest TV cannot handle ? I have to recode DTS sound movies to AC3 for the TV in my dining room as I have no amp connected and the TV cannot play DTS sound.