WD Media Drive not working on Samsung F8000

Hi, I have just brought a new Samsung F8000 and my WD Play Media drive is only showing the video on the tv.  I have it connected via a HDMI cable which played video and sound on my old tv and also works on other tvs.

Can anyone offer any help apart from getting an optical cable?

Probably need to set the audio mode to STEREO instead of HDMI passthrough.

I have almost the same problem with my Samsung SmartTV model UN55D8000YFX with slow motion video through WD TV LIve but no sound. I still need answers. The stereo setting instead of HDMI may help as someone replied…

A Best Buy tech downloaded new graphics card drivers to my laptop that helped me to play movies to the Samsung via HDMI direct, with both sound and video working, before I got the WD TV Live Media Player.

afcw1969 wrote:

with slow motion video through WD TV LIve but no sound…

Uhm, say what?

How are you doing Slow-Motion via the WDTV Live?  (BTW, this is the PLAY forum, not the Live forum) – and you actually expect to still have audio when you’re not playing video at full speed?

afcw1969 wrote:

I have almost the same problem with my Samsung SmartTV model UN55D8000YFX with slow motion video through WD TV LIve but no sound. I still need answers. The stereo setting instead of HDMI may help as someone replied…

A Best Buy tech downloaded new graphics card drivers to my laptop that helped me to play movies to the Samsung via HDMI direct, with both sound and video working, before I got the WD TV Live Media Player.

Your problem is already being discussed here.

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-SMP-Discussions/Connections-from-PC-to-WD-TV-LIVE-to-Smart-TV-to-play-DVDs-on/td-p/616449

and you don’t have the same problem.