WD MBL 3Tb, slow

Hi Guys and Girls

I know the subject is the most common issue, but I’m not here to complane about the transfer speed.

instead I would like to know more on

Why the maintenance of the unit is icredible slow. and How i make it go better.

to be more specific, when I use “WD My Cloud” program or through the web browser. changing system preferences

is horribly slow that i’m even considering if repeatedly pounding my head in to a brick wall would be more satisfying,

I have even triyed turning my unit off from the WD options but nothing happens.

I would be very happy if this is a easy fix or if I just as good could have thrown my money in to a lake.

I have connected my drive to my airport Extreme with the Ethernet cabel that came with the box

and from the Airport extreme a S/Ftp Cat.6a cabel to my computer so no wifi. 

I’m currently using 

OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.5

on a 

Imac 3.5 GHz intel core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 of ram

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

so I’m guessing there is no issue regarding my computer or the cables. :slight_smile:

/Philip

Check if you have the latest firmware update installed. If the problem continues you can also try pressing the reset button on the back of the My Book Live for 4 seconds. As a troubleshooting step try disabling the Media server and iTunes media server. 

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5735

I do not use “WD cloud software”, however, I “believe” if you access the drive via the apps, you will be getting to the NAS via the internet (WAN), instead of just LAN.

If it is all LAN access you need, I recommend the use of shares via SMB or local IP for the admin dashboard. For Android, I use “ES file explorer”.