WD Livewire with Uverse? Anyone using with Uverse...Seems to be kicking my syestem offline

I am wondering if anyone is successfully using the WD LIvewire with Att Uverse?  I was on DSL and switched over to Uverse and for some reason my Internet would get kicked off line and I would have to reset everything.  The tech said the Livewire was causing it.  It works great without the livewire hooked up, but I NEED to have what the Livewrire does.  Wireless is not possible for my situation.  If anyone else has had issues with Uverse and figured out how to do it, please let me know.  Thanks.

If the Uverse is not designed to work with PowerLine devices, then there’s nothing to do.

Did you research uverse before posting your advice?  They offer their own service that works through the electric lines via Asoka Pluglink.

http://www.att.com/equipment/accessories/uverse-equipment.jsp

I was having a similar issue.  If I had livewire plugged in then my internet would quit working.  I did several tests and thought there was a compatibility issue with uverse.  Then I started thinking about how cheap the livewire boxes felt and that led me to consider if they are well insulated or if they bleed interference.  

My uverse box is in the basement attached to the wall where the installer put it.  Initially I put the livewire box on top of the uverse box since there isn’t a shelf handy.  After I thought about interference I put some cardboard inbetween the uverse box and the livewire box.  I separated them by four inches.  Everything started working fine.

So my analysis is that the livewire boxes are not insulated and they cause interference with the uverse box.  Please let meknow if your situation is similar.

Best of luck!

-Scott

SScott wrote:

Did you research uverse before posting your advice?  They offer their own service that works through the electric lines via Asoka Pluglink.

http://www.att.com/equipment/accessories/uverse-equipment.jsp

My very first word on the post was if, which is a non-definitive conditional possibility clause.

@ThePizzaMatrix I am a bit confused as to what value either of your two posts provided in regards to the original posters question.  He asked a very specific question.  You replied with some generic “non-difinitive conditional possibility clause.”

The original poster specifically asked the following:  “I am wondering if anyone is successfully using the WD LIvewire with Att Uverse?”

How does either of your replies pertain to his question?  As I see it you have filled this thread with non-applicable information that isn’t relevant to the question posed by the original poster.  Additionally none of the information that you supplied is researched in regards to the products or services in question.

The poster is looking for a solution or help that is pertinent to his issue.

SScott wrote:

@ThePizzaMatrix I am a bit confused as to what value either of your two posts provided in regards to the original posters question.  He asked a very specific question.  You replied with some generic “non-difinitive conditional possibility clause.”

The original poster specifically asked the following:  “I am wondering if anyone is successfully using the WD LIvewire with Att Uverse?”

How does either of your replies pertain to his question?  As I see it you have filled this thread with non-applicable information that isn’t relevant to the question posed by the original poster.  Additionally none of the information that you supplied is researched in regards to the products or services in question.

The poster is looking for a solution or help that is pertinent to his issue.

Since no one had replied to the OP since Thursday then it could be taken as a “No” either because no one at that moment actually got it working, or OP was the first one in here to try it. Giving a non-definitive conditional possibility clause as a suggestion means that if the Uverse is HomePlug AV /PowerLine certified then it should work out of the box unless external factors not related to the Livewire itself (But either to PowerlIne and/or the Uverse) came into play. If it was not HP certified then it immediately means that it was not going to work or had very little chances of working.

Hence, it could have helped OP to verify support for Powerline devices in general instead of focusing on a branded PowerLine device.

AT&T provides their own solution for this issue; are other non-AT&T Powerline devices giving the same problem? If they are, then the Uverse is the problem, and any workaround for other devices should apply to the LW as well on that case, if that is indeed the case.

I won’t post again on this thread.

I installed the powerline kit today with Uverse and it has been working flwlessly now for 8 hours.  I did nothing but plug the boxws in, connect the network devices and hit the sync buttons.

Terry

I have been using my WD Livewire system with AT&T Uverse for about 6 months.  It works perfectly!   My computer, TV, blu ray player and internet radio all connect through the Livewire system to the Uverse gateway in another room.   Only once did the unit lose connection.  I unplugged the power cable for a few seconds and when powered back up it connected without problem. 

I hope this helps.