WD Livewire Utility for Mac

I have been using the excellant WD LIvewire system to stream video throught my home for almost a year now, and I am very happy with the results.

However, I am now trying to add a Logitech 700e security camera (also Homeplug AV compliant) to the network, and am having problems.  

I’m guessing that there may be an issue with different security settings/passwords, but can’t check this for sure as we only have Apple machines at home and WD doesn’t currently provide a Utility app that works with Mac and, to be honest, I don’t know anyone that has a Windows laptop.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions for alternative utility software, or advice on how I can get the camera to work with the WD system.  The camera works fine using it’s own Homeplug devices, just not with the WD unit at the router.

Cheers,

S

I borrowed a friends MBP running Windows XP in Parallels Desktop, and loaded the WD Utility app.

It took a bit of messing around (due to my own inexperience), but the Logitech camera now plays nice with the WD Livewire EoP system.

For anyone that’s interested, here’s the process;

Run WD Livewire Utility app, and click the ‘Add’ button.
In dialog box, create a name for the device, and add Password. This is a code found on the device nameplate, and is made-up of x4, 4-character strings.
ie AAAA-BBBB-CCCC-DDDD.
Click 'Ok".

The first time I did this it returned an error message and failed, but the second time it worked fine and connected the camera.

The only issue was that the network then appeared to ‘drop’ my existing WD devices and the automatic ‘Scan’ function couldn’t find them. I had to manually add them back to the network, as above.

Again the error message on the first go, but it worked fine the second attempt.

The whole process was fairly simple once I had the Utility running.  It’s just a shame that WD doesn’t yet provide a native Mac app.

Cheers, S