WD LIVE wont start (Powerlight runs for 2 seconds)

Hi forum,

i have got my WD Live yesterday and did all the setup. Everything worked fine. It did the firmwareupdate as shown by the box until the current one 1.4.17.

Before i went to sleep I turned the box off via remote control (power light went off).

This morning i tried to start the box via rc again and the power light came on for 2 seconds. After that it went off again.

I tried it several times but the box wont start. I have read a couple of start issues in this forum but all of them sound different to  me.

Wenn i switch it on, i see the HDMI Port available for a second on my Samsung TV and then it disappears.

I tried to reset the box, but  dont know if it worked as i could only do the hard reset with a paperclip.

I am using a Samsung TV via HDMI and a Hama Wireless Adapter (to connect to my NAS).

My solution tries: (all Fail)

• Remove power plug for 10 - 15 minutes

• remove all connections appart from power power plug

• tried reset button (paperclip hole)

• connected Wireless only

• connected Hdmi only

Interesting: I can always use the Remote control and push the ON/OFF button. So this is working. But nothing else… :frowning:

Next try, i will take the box to a friend who ones the same. Maybe i have a problem with the AC Adapte.

If someone knows another solution please let me know…

Cheers

D.

Try using a composite connection.

Thanks for your hint, but it doesnt work :frowning:

Shouldnt the box start anyway, doesnt matter if it has a HDMI or  composite connection ?

Yes it should start but the HDMI output brings more complication into problem solving. HDMI has to negotiate with your TV to get a picture whereas composite always gives a picture if there is one available.

Did your unit work OK after the update - before you turned it off and went to sleep.

You could try the AC adaptor there is a possibility that its faulty.

If you are testing use the composite output and don’t connect anything to the unit except the power supply. Anything else is not necessary and could complicate the problem. They can be added after you get the thing working.

Ok, we tried it with composite. Didnt work… :frowning:

I have used the boxe last night after the update. It started normally and when i used deezer it hooked upt once. After I unplugged the power and restarted the box, I used it for half an our to watch you tube movies and every thing seemed fine.

Unfortunately i still couldnt test the AC but power comes out and the voltage and amp is ok. I have tested it with a volatage meter… :-) 

Only possibility might be a usb stick with current firmeware and lets see if the box tries another update… but i don’t belive that it will work. The power up time is too short before it shuts down (power light off) again… :frowning:

Any other ideas are welcome.

Update: I checked the firmeware update process and my test will not work as i need to setup the firmwareupdate inside the menu which wont appear… so i think i will send the box back to amazon on monday and request a new one.

I made a small video of the bug … i you like check out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5Zxu6oPY9E

Watched your video and I think you should sent it back and get another.

Hello, I just wanted to pop in and say ever since I downloaded the latest firmware I’m also having the same issue. The box turns on and just sits there, won’t do anything. I’ve done all the resets as well with no results.

Beginning to think its a problem with their firmware.

WILLMARK40 wrote:

Hello, I just wanted to pop in and say ever since I downloaded the latest firmware I’m also having the same issue. The box turns on and just sits there, won’t do anything. I’ve done all the resets as well with no results.

Beginning to think its a problem with their firmware.

Are you having exactly the same issue. Does the front light go off?

yes, I don’t know about the light though. My equipment is inside a cabinet and I use an IR repeater. I will confirm and let you know. Everything worked great for month’s until I did the latest firmware upgrade and now the box seems to freeze after I power it up.