WD LIVE - Wireless network disconnection

Hello,

I have some problems with my WD Live media player regarding wireless streaming. I am using Cisco WUSB600N dual band wifi dongle and randomly from 5-10 minutes in the middle of the streaming it disconnects from the wireless router. I’ve tried in a lot of ways to play the content (from different computers, NAS, using Media Streaming, Samba mounting) but without success. I’ve tried different wireless band (2.4Ghz or 5Ghz) but the same thing happends, it disconencts in the middle of a playback. If I connect WD live to a wifi bridge on ethernet port, it is playing flawlessy. I think is an issue with the wifi dongles driver or something. Doesn’t matter what content I am playing (at what bitrate). If I play using the wireless bridge, it is playing well but if I am switching to my USB wifi dongle it disconnects from the wifi network and I have to search again for the router and reconnect.

I’ve tried the following things:

1. Changing IP from automatic to manual on WD Live and on the router and having the same workgroup WORKGROUP on player, router and NAS/computer.

2. I used two USB dongles (same model).

3. I used two WD Live (different firmwares - latest and previous)

4. I was connected to a Twonky media server on my NAS and on my computer.

5. I was connected to a Samba share on my NAS/computer

6. My NAS/computer are directly linked into E4200 eth port.

7. If I connect WD Live directly on eth port on the router it plays flawlessly. 

8. If I connect WD Live directly on wifi bridge on eth port, it plays flawlessly.

I really don’t know what else I can do instead of trying to buy another wifi dongle.

Can you please help me?

Thanks,

Andrei

amanz, maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

Regards,

hi

try this :

• change and/or check wpa2 key codes

• try with and without codes [wpa2]

regards

pawson

Hello,

Didn’t work.

Andrei