WD Live TV & WD My Cloud

Just want to say hello, and see if anyone can help me out with some issues I have with the WD Live TV.

First off, I’m running a 2TB WD My Cloud NAS (Which works wonderfully) on a 1 Gigabit router with DD-WRT firmware on it.  I have a full cat5e cable running from my router into my bedroom to the WD Live TV so there is no issue with bandwidth at all.  For the most part, the live TV works, but when it doesn’t work, it doesn’t work period.

1. Duplicates of all TV shows, tried everything from restarting the whole network, to rebuilding the library to restarting the device; nothing seems to get rid of duplicates of TV shows in folders.

2)Device freezes.   No idea what is causing this, not over heating, well ventilated, just doesn’t want to work sometimes.

3)Standardized volume, I don’t know if this is an option but not having shows at a constant volume can be so irritating and I’m just wondering if there’s a fix for this.

It’s definetly been a hard sell to my wife to keep using this after cutting cable, since it works most of the time, but when it doesn’t work it can be out of commission for a day while I try and trouble shoot what’s going on.  I’m on the most updated firmware as well.  I really want this device to work, but it seems like firmware troubles will be the end of this device for me.

1- Are you connecting as media shares or network? Try to see if via network the media library displays the files with no duplicates.

2- What model unit and firmware do you have?

3- The volume will depend on the file specs. Certain files have higher volume settings than other.