WD live TV not remembering video output settings

Hi,

I am running Fermware 1.12.14. I am using HDMI connection, but the unit does not seem to remember which RGB setting I am using once the unit is turned off and booted from standby.  Each time I boot the device I find it is set on auto for RGB, but  movies seem to be too dark under this setting. However once I select HDMI then pick RGB Low it seems to be correct and not be as dark.  I think the device might be defaulting to RGB high which my TV may or may not suppport.

My question is is there any way to fix this and ensure the settings stick once i power off the unit and turn it back on.  Could a lower fermware fix this problem is this something that has been on going for a long time.

Thanks,

To my understanding the unit will change that automatically to the best quality available. might be the case that your TV does not support that option.

Have you tested the device on a different TV?

Also make sure to reset the setting to factory defaults.

Hey,

I will try it on another TV. I think it was being set to High RGB… maybe the device is just setting it to the best choice it can like you said, but I will try seting the unit back to default as well.