WD Live Transfer rate between attached drives

Hi Chaps,

This is my first post and i did have a good search so i hope i don’t step on any toes repeating a thread!

But I have a External hardrive attached and its a pain to move so i want to leave it attached so i was going to use a portable drive and use the player to move the file from the portable drive to the main drive.

So my question is, that i can’t for the life of me find out…

Whats the transfer speed?

Thanks

I’m not really answering your question, just wanted to say what works for me. Warning - I am a new user as well.

I have an external hard drive connected to my WD Live. My WD Live is on my home network with an ethernet cable.

I have media on one or more computers on my network. I copy my media from my computer to the WD Live and it puts it on the attached hard drive. I don’t know the transfer rate, but I suppose it’s as fast as my network will allow, and I’ve been satisfied that it’s not very slow.

That information may or may not help you.

Hi Thanks for your reply!

Unfortunatly my WD isn’t on a network yet but sounds like what i need to do if this other option isn’t practical.

Thanks again for your help.

iMonkey wrote:

Hi Chaps,

This is my first post and i did have a good search so i hope i don’t step on any toes repeating a thread!

But I have a External hardrive attached and its a pain to move so i want to leave it attached so i was going to use a portable drive and use the player to move the file from the portable drive to the main drive.

So my question is, that i can’t for the life of me find out…

Whats the transfer speed?

Thanks

If I have this correct you want to connect a permanent hard drive to the WDTV and then connect a portable drive to the other USB port as required. You then want to use the WDTV file management to copy the files from one drive to the other. I have not tried this but I would imagine that as the 2 drives are physically connected then the transfer should be reasonably fast.

It seems to be pretty fast,  like from one external HD to another at a pc

Cocovanna

Thanks. Yeah you have me spot on.

I’ll keep on trying and maybe have to time it myself to see what the speeds are.

But like you say, it should be quick 

Thanks