WD Live starts blinking on a white led when i turn off router!

I own a WD live 2T and a problem appeared after I updated the firmware.

Yesterday I updated from the  dashboard and everything seemed o.k.

The problem is that when I turn the router off WD Line starts blinking on a white led and does not go to sleeping mode. When the router is turned on and my pc also WD goes into sleeping mode after a while. By the time I shut down the blinking starts!

Note that with my old firmware when I turned off router WD went into sleeping mode….

Any help?

Sorry for my poor English….

I assume you’re talking about the My Book Live 2T  (  LOTS of products are called “Live.”)

It’s blinking WHITE?

Are you sure it’s not YELLOW?   If it’s yellow, the LED is supposed to do that if you shut down the router.  It’s documented in the manual.  It means the network has been lost.

I don’t know why it would NOT have done that on the prior version – might have been a bug in that version?

Yes i’m talking about this product.

The led colour you can also say it’s yellow…

“It’s documented in the manual. It means the network has been lost. I don’t know why it would NOT have done that on the prior version”???

Is there any way I can make it shut down automatically  and have a blue light instead of yellow blinking?

Or I must unplugged it every time I turn off my router?

I assume you’re talking about the My Book Live 2T ( LOTS of products are called “Live.”) It’s blinking WHITE? Are you sure it’s not YELLOW? If it’s yellow, the LED is supposed to do that if you shut down the router. It’s documented in the manual. It means the network has been lost. I don’t know why it would NOT have done that on the prior version – might have been a bug in that version?

How do you know it’s NOT spinning down?

By touching it, you can feel the spinning!

hi guys,

have exactly the same problem. accidentally drive has not came up. during booting process blinks with blue and white light then stays white for a days(it’s been almost a week since the issue showed up).

Pls help…

What I’ve already tried:

• rebooting a drive

• rebooting with reset options

• rebooting w/o ethernet cable plugged in

• some variations of the above;)

PS> sending drive to WD is not a resolution for now as I have some important data there which has to be restored.