WD Live Plus power-up directory - can it be changed?

The WD always powers up to Video/Media Servers.

That’s pointless, as DVD menus can’t be navigated from there, aka, you have to go to network shares.

Can’t I point WD to the exact network share/computer/drive/folder permanently, so I don’t have to sift through 10 remote clicks just to play a file?

The family has decided this unit is far to cumbersome to play with due to the media file structure.

Surely it must be possible to have the unit boot to a directory of my choice, as opposed to a directory of Western Digital’s choice, no?

What did I miss in the manual?

thanks

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately, that the current navigation system; you can’t specify a default network location at this time.

The only workaround is to review your folder structure on your network shares and optimise them as best you can for faster navigation / fewer clicks.

No, you can’t do that.

hmmm - so isn’t that something MOST people would want - a quick, easy and direct path to their possibly thousands of files?  As much as I like this box, why don’t “computer” companies GET the concept of television?  Even Steve Jobs has messed it up so far.

One click for “on”, and the next click should be for choosing programming.  Period.

Does WD ever respond to requests?

Thanks for the welcome :slight_smile:

Your post sounds more like an Idea or a Feature Request. The best place for this is in our Ideas Lab. This way someone from WD will be sure to see it. However, I would search first and make sure that there isn’t another idea similar to yours that you could add your post to and vote on.

Ideas Lab
http://community.wdc.com/t5/community/categorypage/category-id/idea

I agree, good idea with one exception, why not setup photos, music and video to go to specific places automatically when selected rather than choosing where you want to get it from, sorta like shortcuts.