WD Live Plus can not play karaoke (Paris By Night disk 35-52}

I just bought WD Live Plus Window Media Player and already updated latest firmware version. It worked fine with my 2.5TB hard disk drive. The newest firmwave is 1.06.16_B.

But my WD  Live Plus could not turn off the voice of singer when I used it for karaoke, particularly with Paris By Night from 35 to 52 disk. With disk 53 and later disk, I can turn off the voice of the singer easily.

I used IOmega Media Player before, and it could turn off the voice of the singer with Paris By NIght from 35 to 52 disk. I am very satisfy with this unit but it ran out the memory capacity.

To turn off the voice of the singer of WD Live Plus Media Player, I just push the OPTION button on the remote control, select the AUDIO and press ENTER button until the AUDIO changed from 1 AC3 to 2 AC3.

Why WD Live PLus can not turn off the voice of the singer when I used it as karaoke player?

Hi, how do you connect your WDTV as karaoke player? I having hard time trying connect it with my receiver and mixer… 

Hello,

The WDTV Live Plus has not been design to be a karaoke player, therefore it may not fit your purpose properly. 

Hello,

Why don’t you make WD Live PLus work as karaoke player? I have IOmega Media Player before I bought WD Live Plus, I can turn off the voice of the singer (1 AC3 or 2 AC3 of the Audio). Please bring this issue to the design engineer so that they can make this unit to be competitive to other companies. I like WD Live PLus because it has external hard drive.

tendy wrote:

Hi, how do you connect your WDTV as karaoke player? I having hard time trying connect it with my receiver and mixer… 

Hi,

I connect WD live plus to USB 2.5 TB hard disk which has a karaoke image.  I played OK but I cannot change the audio track 1 to track 2 (track 1 has instruments and voice - track 2 only has instruments).

Nesvic wrote:

Hello,

The WDTV Live Plus has not been design to be a karaoke player, therefore it may not fit your purpose properly. 

Hi Nesvic,

I had IOmega Media Player before, it can play karaoke images on the hard disk. I can change the Audio from track 1 to track 2 easily. Track 1 included voice of the singer and instrumentation, while track 2 has the only instrumentation. Why WD Live PLus is not designed same as the competitors?

Hello,

Unfortunately that’s something we will have to ask to the product engineers, I will escalate for a answer.

Thanks Nesvic,

Dan truong

Nesvic wrote:

Hello,

Unfortunately that’s something we will have to ask to the product engineers, I will escalate for a answer.

Hello,

This is the reply I got from management:

“The unit was design for home entertainment optimized for audio,media and pictures playback they do not consider include karaoke as it was not such a priority at the moment. However, they agree it could be included on another product the future.”