Wd live mkv hang problem

Ya Scandy it happens all the time as I age!  =>

Just to clarify, none of the solutions mentioned on here has worked to solve my MKV playing problems… resets, roll backs, nada.  I find it unacceptable that a company puts time into adding features when the base features do not work as advertised.  I feel bad since I spoke highly during my inital experiences of this POS and two friends bought them.  I am not doing anything fancy just trying to play movies off a portable 2.5 drive…  If there was a refund offered I would take it.

Just my two cents.

Had my first lag last night and pretty PO. This is what  I am running; 1 TB HHD on shared PC, movies formatted in both MKV and M4K.  PC connected via CAT5 to WD Live.  Have not had any problem until last night.  WD was not even finding my movies, found all my folders, listed the movies but when the movie was selected it would just spin.  Went directly to pc to see if maybe it was HDD, movie played directly to PC. Re-booted WD live and tried it again. No luck.  Pulled HDD and directly connected to WD, error msg came up saying format not recognized, BS.  Re-booted both HDD and WD, finally worked.  I have not tried to connect back to the PC to share it out again what do ya’ll think is better, media share or shared PC.  Also I am running XP on the shared PC, thought about upgrading to WIN7 if that would make a difference.  THoughts