Wd live media hub

I wanted to go smaller in a 500 gb hdd for the media player,I didn’t see anything about using only wd hdd. So I found a seaGate 500 gb and Formatted in window 7 , it’s not recognized says to used a wd hdd etc. Is their a soft alinement or something that works so I can use the seagate hdd?

All external drives or at least most of them are fully compatible with the WDTV devices, pls try to format the drive in your computer, also if possible connect another USB device to the WDTV device.

Aquatradewind wrote:
I wanted to go smaller in a 500 gb hdd for the media player,I didn’t see anything about using only wd hdd. So I found a seaGate 500 gb and Formatted in window 7 , it’s not recognized says to used a wd hdd etc. Is their a soft alinement or something that works so I can use the seagate hdd?

As far as I know you can officially only use a WD drive and I think specifically a Scorpio drive.

badmem wrote:

Aquatradewind wrote:

As far as I know you can officially only use a WD drive and I think specifically a Scorpio drive.

Sorry if you are talking about using an external disk you should be able to use any disk. My previous reply only applies if you are talking about the Hubs internal disk. Sorry for any confusion.