WD Live Hub Media Centre - Remote Controller plastic melting!

I bought a WD Live Hub Media Centre about 1.5 years ago. It is working fine but the remote controller that comes with the Live Hub Media Centre is made of inferior soft plastic that has melted & turned sticky to hand touch. I can no longer use this remote controller unless I wrapped it in a plastic bag or paper so that the melting plastic does not stick to my fingers.

I am generally disappointed that WD had used inferior soft plastic to make the remote controller; the device itself is otherwise working fine.

I’ve had my WDTV Live Hub remote control for about 4-5 years now … plastic / rubber pads are still perfect

I also have remote controls from the WDTV Gen1 and Gen2 Live … plastic / rubber pads are still perfect

i guess you must live on the SUN  :wink:

If your remote is “sticky” and “soft,” it’s been exposed to liquid or gaseous solvents.

Like Joey, I’ve had my Hubs for a long time and they’re barely even worn.

Last year we had one remote go sticky overnight and recently another! They were not in hot areas or any place that could get sticky and nothing else around them was sticky.
Unrelated to WD, I had a mouse about 3 years ago that experienced the same problem. I used it one night, next day, sticky!

I’ve had mine since they came out.
This only happened to the larger remotes, the small ones are still fine.