WD LIVE HUB & Dishnetork and XOOM or IPAD2

Does the WD Live Hub work with Dishnetork Recievers Spefically the ViP622 DVR? 

If it does can I transfer (store) recored shows onto an Motorola XOOM  WIFI Only or IPAD2 WIFI Only? 

No.  

No to both questions?

Yep…

It’s a media playback device.

Maybe a answered a bit too quickly.

If your DVR shares its contents via DLNA or Samba shares, and the formats recorded are compatible formats with the Live Hub, then it may very well work. 

But I’ve never seen a DVR STB that did do that.

Thanks.  Best Buy siad it would.  In talking with Dishnetwork they were not sure waht WD TV LIVE HUB MEDIA PLAYER was.   However they say on their web site that one can expand the DVR by connecting a Western Digital My Book A/V product. So thought that this would work along the same lines.

I am trying to replace my ARCHOS 605 WIFI which is slowly dying that I was able to use to transfer programs stored on my DVR via the USB cable.  It also had a feature where you can use the 605 as DVR.  The DVR dock connected to my Receiver or my DVD Recorder via S-Cable and regular audio cables and then you can set up recording timers like you would do with your Video Tape Recorders.  When you record in this method you are able to transfer an AVI file on PC which you can view in Windows Media Player.  It was I nice set up.  I sometimes had issues with Copy Protected content with the USB transfer method, but I could record Copy Protected content.

I was hoping that the Live Hub Media Player could do something similar.  Where if I record Dishnetwork show on it that I could transfer that File to my PC and then transfer it to a XOOM.  As long as the file was in a format the XOOM can play . PLAYABLE FORMATS for the XOOM are : AAC, H.263, H.264, MP3, MPEG-4, ACC+ Enhanced, OGG, MIDI, AMR NB, AAC+

Best Buy told me that I used the Live HUB to transfer video to a MS ZUNE HD.

johnnie008 wrote:

Thanks.  Best Buy siad it would.  In talking with Dishnetwork they were not sure waht WD TV LIVE HUB MEDIA PLAYER was.   However they say on their web site that one can expand the DVR by connecting a Western Digital My Book A/V product. So thought that this would work along the same lines.

No, the Hub is NOT a Hard Drive that you can connect to a DVR’s expansion port.