WD Live Hub and Mediafly

I have been using the WD Live Hub for a couple of months now. Excellent device. I’ve been using MediaFly to subscribe to video feeds including using MediaFly to subscribe to my own vodcasts via RSS. I notice that Media’s OnAir service will discontinue on March 31, 2012. Will this result in the end of MediaFly on WD Live Hub ? Are there other alternatives to this MediaFly service on WD Live Hub. I live overseas in the Middle East and therefore cannot access NetFlx and other services that are restricted to US/Canada. 

Thanks in advance for your suggestions

Wayne Hann

None knows, yet, if this will affect the device, but most likely will do.

In regards of a substitute, nothing in the hub men, sorry.

Im really fed up with WD Live Hub. Here in the UK the device doesnt support Netflix,or BBC iplayer. Now i wont be able to watch Podcasts though mediafly! There is no suitable alternative either. 

This is becoming an unsupported device. 

Nothing to do with WD.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-General/Mediafly-to-Discontinue-OnAir-Service/td-p/333677

superlop wrote:

Im really fed up with WD Live Hub. Here in the UK the device doesnt support Netflix,or BBC iplayer. Now i wont be able to watch Podcasts though mediafly! There is no suitable alternative either. 

This is becoming an unsupported device. 

Sorry for your frustration, but the Live Hub is first and foremost a local media device for streaming media stored on its internal hard drive. In that it works excellently. The rest is just gravy.