Wd live hd wont find network shares

New to this, i have main pc connected to router then cable to wd live tv, my laptop is wireless and the wd picks up laptop but doesnt connect to network, strange the wd live does connect to internet thru router and to laptop (laptop talks to pc fine on network) wd live was working before i went away and didn’t when i returned, should i reset it? Please help, cheers Dan

Your post is confusing… What do you mean it connects to laptop but no internet?

What are you trying to do?

I have the same issue. I’ve had the HD Live for over a year and for some reason over the past couple of months, it sometimes wouldn’t recognize my desktop in network shares. But it would in media servers. In network shares it would find my son’s laptop, my laptop and any of the 3 playbooks we have, but not the main computer.  Over the past week or so it almost never finds anything in network shares.

All file sharing is stil the same. The HD Live is connected to the router via a wireless bridge.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Save yourself the aggrivation. Once it starts to lose the ability to connect to your network it doesnt get better. The only thing a can use it for any more is to play a movie from a memory stick. I bought this to be a network player and it doesnt do it well at all. I cant even begin to describe the time and effort I have spent in trying to get this to connect to my network and it just wont. There has not been a firmware update in the year and a half that I’ve owned mine. the official firmware is beta, that should tell you something.

rocks911 wrote:

Save yourself the aggrivation. Once it starts to lose the ability to connect to your network it doesnt get better. The only thing a can use it for any more is to play a movie from a memory stick. I bought this to be a network player and it doesnt do it well at all. I cant even begin to describe the time and effort I have spent in trying to get this to connect to my network and it just wont. There has not been a firmware update in the year and a half that I’ve owned mine. the official firmware is beta, that should tell you something.

Are you having fun responding to months-old posts to air your grief?

The official firmware is NOT beta.  I have no idea where you get your information…

1. Its not months old

2. Not airing grief, sincerely trying to help people not waste their time

3. This is the firmware name: wdtvliveplus_1.06.16_B typically firmware with a B designates beta

4. This player is a tremendous waste of money and it was poorly supported and now it is not supported at all.

5.I am merely trying to save people the incredible hassle and waste of time jumping through all the hoops people like you direct them to just to discover it wont work.

Oh Dear - B is not for beta, its the first letter of the WD code word for this player and I think that most people will see your posts as ‘airing’ grief’ - never mind carry on but do try to keep it correct.