WD Light Blinking

My WD external hard drive has disappeared from my computer.  The blue light in front blinks continuously.  I am a photographer and need to access the images on there ASAP!!!  Through time machine, it says the last back up failed.  Any idea why I am not able to access the images on there and why the light blinks?  

Hi,

I have the same problem. My 2Tb Elements, only 10 Months old, also disappeared suddenly.

Tried everything to solve the problem, but no result. It even managed to corrupt my backup…

Communication with WD only brought this:

• The HD can be replaced by another one (guarantee)

• The data should be recovered by their ‘partner’ for EUR 110 (investigation) and EUR 1750 recovery!!! (about $3000).

Never, ever buy WD again. They sell products, but using it is unwise.

Where did we buy a HD for? Right. To safely store data.

Compare it with a car: Buy a new one, and it’s guaranteed that it will work. However: Never ever drive it, that is way too dangerous! Where did we buy a car for in the first place? Right: to drive.

Shame on WD!

ComputerFreak wrote:

Hi,

I have the same problem. My 2Tb Elements, only 10 Months old, also disappeared suddenly.

Tried everything to solve the problem, but no result. It even managed to corrupt my backup…

Communication with WD only brought this:

• The HD can be replaced by another one (guarantee)
  • The data should be recovered by their ‘partner’ for EUR 110 (investigation) and EUR 1750 recovery!!! (about $3000).

Never, ever buy WD again. They sell products, but using it is unwise.

Where did we buy a HD for? Right. To safely store data.

Compare it with a car: Buy a new one, and it’s guaranteed that it will work. However: Never ever drive it, that is way too dangerous! Where did we buy a car for in the first place? Right: to drive.

Shame on WD!

Any drive from any manufacturer can and will die at any given moment with no particular reason, and it can happen just 20 minutes after you put data on it. That’s why you should have a backup.

jessicasheik

what drive model are you using? 

I’ve got the same problem. the light keeps on blinking. i don’t know what to do all my stuff is there, please somebody…