WD Lifeguard Toolset

With the explosion of Home NAS systems, the practice of removing suspect HDDs and testing them on a Windows PC with the WD Lifeguard Toolset, is a little artificial. Can I make a suggestion that the WD Lifeguard Toolset be made available as an Application that can be installed onto the Home NAS device, so that any suspect HDD can be tested in its Native environment?

Now the selfish bit. My choice of Home NAS was a Synology DS2413+. Applications are easily installable on the Synology DSM platform, where I can see there are a good deal of Synology systems populated with WD HDDs of varying colours.
I would presume that if this suggestion were given some serious thought, that the initial Home NAS platform would be the WD Cloud range. On the assumption that this does get legs, then can the Synology DSM platform run a close second… PLEASE.

Your post sounds more like a good Feature Request; the best place for this, is in the Ideas Exchange section. This way someone from WD will be sure to see it and will allow more users to support your idea.

However, I would first search and make sure that there are no other active Feature Requests suggesting the same or similar improvements. If there is, then you could add your post and vote on it.

Software & Accessory Ideas

Regards,

Thank you. Advice taken and actioned.

1 Like