WD Intellipark feature help

This is the feature on some WD drives that park the heads after 8 seconds and I’m wondering if the Western Digital WD10JPVT 1TB (Scorpio Blue) and the Western Digital WD7500BPKT 750GB (scorpio black)

I’m asking because I want to install one of these hard drives into my PS3 but I have heard this feature causes stuttering issues in some games and in the XMB. Can anyone please tell me if they have this feature and if theres a way to disable it for PS3??

Thanks

*EDIT* I think the feature is also called Securepark

Doesn’t anyone know anything about this feature and its effect on the ps3? :frowning:

Hello,

The only line of WD drives that support Intellipark are the WD Green.

1 Like

Thank you!

Oh and is Securepark the same feature? As amazon lists Scorpio Black 750GB as having this feature. If its the same feature is it just incorrect detailing?

Thanks

Hello,

Below you will find the definition for each feature

SecurePark™ Parks the recording heads off the disk surface during spin up, spin down and when the drive is off. This ensures the recording head never touches the disk surface resulting in improved long term reliability due to less head wear and improved shock tolerance.
IntelliPark™ Delivers lower power consumption by automatically unloading the heads during idle to reduce aerodynamic drag.