WD Green Writing Speed Problem?

I’m having the same problem here.
Bought a 120Gb WD Green (WDS120G2G0A), and I’m having writing speeds of ~ 70-80 MB/s.
The SSD contains only the OS (Windows 7 Ultimate (x64).

ssdTest

System Specs
Mainboard Model: ASUS M5A88-V EVO
Processor: MD Phenom™ II X6 1090T Processor (3711.3 MHz)
RAM: 8GB Kingston DDR3 (1333) / Model 99U5471-012.A00LF
Secondary Drive: WDC WD5000AAKX-003CA0 (500GB)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (1GB)

speeds are so low because it uses a sandisk controller designed for usb 3.0 flash drives …:tired_face:

I heard they working fix from firmware
Is that possible if using sandisk usb 3.0 flash drive?

Can the driver be changed? as?

my information is from a russian sites, the photo also, but judging by the complaints, this controller is obviously very bad and I do not know whether it can be solved through the firmware

It’s seem that this is not a single event but all of us have the same issue that a pretty slow writing speed. Is that WD should say something about this?

They released a firmware update that fixes some problems :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Where are you find the new firmware?

good news man
I also hear it from the distributor in my country, the said WD still works on firmware to fix write speed issue on WDG120G2, they said around mid april, maybe soon WD will release to their website

just tried new fw UE450000

2 Likes

Western Digital SSD Dashboard download it and install ^^

2 Likes

hello, what to do like Dashboard does not detect a device, is there another way to update ?

Thanks and I update it yesterday, it seems that the write speed go up to 250Mb/s, but some test fail to pass. I use AS SSD Benchmark, is there anyone have same issue?

1 Like

What is your model?

Hi ! wds120g2g0a-00jh30

It seems that some users have same issue but not 120GB SSD, do you have other slot? Try the other slot if you have.

1 Like

just dashboard ver.1.4.4.5 managed to see the disk and accordingly updated, the recording speed also increased, thanks

With the UE450000 version the writing speed has iasd

mproved, although it does not reach the maximum. According to WD the maximum sequential reading is 540 MB/s and sequential writing 465 MB/s

1 Like

wow your 4k is so high. would u mind if I ask your computer system and windows update progress?

thank you after update it shows me like you. but 4k is too slow like u,too