WD Green installation trouble

Hello,

I have a Compaq Presario SR5310F desktop running Vista 32bit

Pentium Dual CPU E2140 1.60GHz with 2GB RAM

My original hard drive failed. I purchased a brand new WD Green 1TB hard drive, hooked it up and booted it from my recovery DVDs. After running the DVDs, it restarts and says it’s launching windows then I get an error message:

“Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation”

When I restart installation, it does the same thing.

The BIOS recognizes the new HD

What am I doing wrong?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Hello Mate,

As per your description this might not be a drive problem, it could be a Windows Installation problem. If the drive is seen by the Bios there is a 60% possibilities the drive is Ok.

However, test the drive using another computer also get another installation disk.

Awopero wrote:

Hello Mate,

As per your description this might not be a drive problem, it could be a Windows Installation problem. If the drive is seen by the Bios there is a 60% possibilities the drive is Ok.

However, test the drive using another computer also get another installation disk.

Thanks for your reply 

Do I need an actual Vista installation disc or will my recovery disks work?

Hello,

Quick update…

I was able to clone my old hard drive using Acronis True Image WD Edition and load it on the new hard drive.

Windows will boot up just fine from the new hard drive but when I try to run Windows Update, I get error
“Code 8024A000”

Any suggestions?
Thank you,

See if this helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-windows_update/getting-an-error-code-8024a000-while-trying-to/c2814ae2-4fb9-48fb-9e3e-455919333849?auth=1

Thank you for your response!

I’m running Vista but I tried your suggestions…no luck…

I gotta keep trying!

o_O