I recently bought a WD Green 2TB for storage (about a week ago).
Now it has become EXTREMELY slow sometimes when for example moving files within the drive, or renaming files.
When moving files Explorer just stops and “thinks” for 1-5min “Discovering items”, before anything happens.
When renaming files Explorer stops responding, also for a couple of minutes.
This is extremely frustrating, and im going nuts. Any idea what is wrong? PLEASE? :o)
Some info on my system:
* The disk is at about 1.2TB used of 2TB
* I have a total of 6 drives (including an older WD Green drive), and on those other drives renaming and moving within the same drive happens within a flash. Always.
* Im running Windows 7 64-bit Home
* Im running a fairly new computer (Intel i7 950, X58 chipset, 6GB DDR3)
* This is the only drive i have over 1TB
* Im running a SSD-disk as system disk