WD Gold - new drive with password?

I’ve bought 3 WD WD6002FRYZ hard drives and all of them has password protection. They were originally packed by WD but also have Hikvision logo on it. Maybe someone know the standard password?

Hello,

Where did you purchase the drives?
My advice would be to return the drives to the place of purchase or contact HIKVISION for the password.

Both steps were taken, I’ve purchased them from official WD distributor in Poland, but they don’t know anything about any passwords. I’ve also contacted Hikvision, but for now I’ve got nothing. Just was curious if anyone had this kind of issue.

I have exactly the same issue but am from the UK. I have now had TWO 6TB Gold Drives (MDL: WD6002FRYZ-31WD5B0) delivered from a highly reputable online dealer (which each came in a plain brown cardboard box) and BOTH ARE LOCKED.

Clearly there is an issue somewhere and it would be nice if somebody could sort this out. I’ve already spoken to Tech Support once on the phone (after the first drive arrived) but they just told me to get the retailer to send me a new one, which hasn’t resolved the issue at all.

I’ve got info from Hikvision itself, they confirmed what we suspected, those drives are designed to work only with Hikvision CVR and Cloud Storage, they won’t be working with normal PC. I think they could, but Hikvision won’t send us a password to unlock the drive, probably it’s generated with serial number or sth. The only way is to exchange those drives for new ones.

Hi.
We have the same Problem:
3 x Gold SE 6To (WD6002FRYZ), new.
3 connexions test, 3 KO:

• On a NAS (Synology), on an HP Serveur (ProLiant ML110), on an HP desktop.
    Only server ask for disk password, on bios.
    2 month for retunr, WD resseler dont made normal retunr. Shipping cost, return cost…

A second time, 3 other buing, 1 HS on power off.

WD Gold SE 2017 manufacturing have pb ?
Yesterday, on of our Customer have 1 WD Golde SE 4To out of fonction, on a RAID. this one are 2 week (10 days drom delevery).
2017 manufactured.

The same thing has just happened to me: three WD6002FRYZ-31WD5B0 ordered from a major UK reseller arrived with the password set. All three are password-protected with no hint of what the password is.

These disks are also branded with the HIKVISION logo. Given that this has happened to several people, I guess something went wrong with the supply chain somewhere.

Western Digital does not password protect WD branded Gold Drives. We recommend returning the drive to the original place of purchase.