WD Gold 8Tb died after first connection

Hi, guys!
I have a question about my WD Gold 8Tb HDD.

I bought 3x WD Gold 8Tb HDD from ebay US Sept, 24-28 and only today I began to use the 3-rd hard drive for storage information, because two of them are filled with information now. I live in Republic of Moldova.

After 2-3 minutes, I noticed that the hard disk is still not detected by the system, went into the disk management and saw that it was not initialized. After an attempt to initialize in GTP - Error CRC. So, I can’t initialize it.

By the SMART - there is Warnings of Reallocated Sector Count and Current Pending Sector Count. It is not normally when the HDD has 0 Power On Time hours.

The sound of the work is slightly different from the other two same hard drives.

The warranty status is active but it expires Jan, 26 :frowning:
In my region there is no official representation of the WD.

What can I do in this case?

Hi: ivezdehod

at Internal Drives, SSDs & Embedded Flash
Select your hard drive and download Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for DOS (current version 5.27)

Follow the instructions to create a bootable USB.

Turn off you computer and remove the sata power connector from all the hard drives.
Connect the hard drive that you think may be defective or want to test.
Turn on the computer.
Set your bios to boot from a USB device.
Type dosdlg.exe

Select WRITE ZEROS TO DRIVE and do a full erase.

It should take about 2 to 2.5 hrs per terabyte depending on the computer.

It not only erases the hard drive but it also checks to see if it is working properly.

if the drive is defective it will come back with an error code that WD support wants for a RMA.

NotaCanada

At this case no doubt - this HDD have problems :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.