WD False Advertising / at least misleading

reading alot of the post seems to deal with one computer and one wdtvhub. It has been with my experience that when i did all these with 10/100 that transfers between multi computers and multi computers getting on the internet seem to be slow, but thats all we had and we dealt with that. We were able to finally get gigabit switch and between the computers and getting on the internet seem to become less of a problem.

now i could have open 4 transfers to 3 diffent computers i have in my home and they seem to be stacking to give an plus to my over all speed. It is not gigabyte speeds but faster then megabyte. please take in mind that there is only one maby two of my computers are high end, the rest are lower end but they do what we want.

If you can get 11 Mbs on a transfer to or from the wdtvhub then please say how you may do that, as i have tested two of them in may not get over 5Mbs, no mater what i can try, different cables, diferent hubs or switches it will still only do abour 5Mbs and if you start two seperate transfers then you may get 1.2Mbs on the second one but the first one will slow down even lower about 4.1Mbs

single computer may copy a 4.5gig file in about 20 mins or less to pretty much any computer or to a usb external drive and the same file copied to the wdlivehub is taking me over an hour and somethims it takes much longer.

So i would love for you to tell me how i can copy files at 11Mbs since that is over twice as fast as it will let me copy and so far i am at 22 1/2 hrs and i still don have it all over yet,

the gigabyte would seem to be a ploy as you cannot even stack copy to maintain a faster speed.

from what i read, the software is trottled down and it will not happen.

so for me to let more the a couple people watch the video would be pretty rare as the device wouldnt be able to streem the vide very fast with 5k is my max

btw, i have checked with others that have the same and all them only get 5k, so i will pass it on for them when you let me know :slight_smile:

Oh…My note was merely to voice some discontent with the information on the box, but w.r.t. the gigabit transfer rates…

There are a number of variables that we can all appreciate that will affect speeds…from antivirus, overhead, CPU load etc…but with all things consistent on the laptop and the hub without changing anything other than a Linksys E3000 gigabit router for the WNP-300N I typically use for my media wall I was able to realize double the speed.  This to me is still slow, but makes the process bearable.

If there is anything specific you would like to know, regarding my setup, as me a pointed question and I will try to get you a pointed answer.

I am still not upgrading to the current firmware…after adding games to the device…I find cause for pause on all new WD updates.

A lot of people have posted that their not happy with the transfer rates, it is just my opinion but it would seem that software has a limit on the overall speed and no matter what other things that may contribute to any speed issues you will have limits that will keep this slow. Again this is my opinion and I have no technical info to validate this.

Speed has been reduced so it would work better when there are more then one connection watching something from the hub…This would keep them from implementing some sort of load balancing that would equal out when there are more connections trying to watch or listen to something.

Another option would to setup a method that would stop any viewing when new files are being copied or a backup is being preformed, this could be with a permission that only the adman would have and would allow faster transfers to or from the system. Still remember that nothing could be watched or listened to while this process is running.

The other thing I see is that WD has a limit to how much time they can put into this project unless they are making enough money from sales to justify the work. I cannot see them putting any more time unless there will be a profit.

I will just keep using what I have and hope that some day they will patch to address the speed issues.