WD - EX4 - Settings - Language & Clock - delay in time if no Internet access

NAS EX4 is not keeping correct Time value when there is no Internet access (it systematically delays Time value)

I use my WD EX4 NAS on a LAN not connected to WAN (Internet).

All is working fine except the Time. I have adjusted NTP service ON (when connected to Internet) and the Time was adjusted automatically and was correct. The NTP server was configured to ntp.nist.gov (also tested with time.windows.com) and the WD EX4 updated Time value correctly.

The problem is when the WD EX4 is disconnected from Internet it does not keep correct Time value. Starts accumulating delays. After some days working offline (no Internet, only LAN) the unit accumulate several minutes delay.

The only way to adjust correctly the Time is by connecting the WD EX4 again to Internet (then it adjusts again correctly the Time value from NTP server).

This is really annoying. Why WD EX4 internal clock system does not work without Internet?

Hi CarlosMorais,

I would suggest to check after updating the firmware version of My Cloud device.

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=10440

Hi asp73, thanks for the suggestion but my unit’s firmware is already 2.11.169 that is the latest one.

Meanwhile, after a few hard reset it seems internal clock not delaying anymore.