WD EX4 NOT Available Offline

I have the EX4 20TB. Just typical setup Ethernet connected to my router as well as my PC and laptop has is connected to my private Network via wireless. On two occasion I lost internet access, I immediately lost access to all my files on that EX4. I couldn’t watch anything. Though my EX4 is sitting next to my PC, it seems everything is streaming through internet using my data. If the PC had direct access, losing internet connection wouldn’t paralyze me.

I purchased a WD PR4100 PRO 32TB that I’m supposed to received on Thursday. I don’t want it anymore. I’ll find another way to backup my files to keep them safe until I get a different NAS. I can see all my folders on the Network as long as I have internet access.

I’ll be at work anyway so I won’t be there to receive it but I won’t pick it up. I’ll ask them to return it or I’ll ask them to turn it around back without even out to delivery.

Hello,

Have you tried mapping the drive on your computer?

1 Like

Thanks

I’ve been without my DSL connection for three weeks. Could someone please explain how I can connect to my EX 4 NAS from my desktop PC without a connection?

I have a basic setup using a modem, which is connected to a router. The NAS is connected to the router.

My PC is a 2014 HP Pavilion 23 with an AMD processor, using Windows 8.1.

I have a software developer background and know just enough about networking to be dangerous.

I have tried running an Ethernet patch cable from the second Ethernet port on the back of the NAS to the Ethernet port on my PC, but I still don’t see the NAS through file explorer.

I’d also like to utilize the dashboard to manage the device until my DSL connection is restored.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

I have 2 wdex4 connected to my PC not on the modem-router

On the PC : 2 NIC cards configured as 192.168.2.100 and 192.168.3.100
in routes → “Use this connection only for resources on its network”

The nas have static addresses 192.168.2.204 and 192.168.3.205
visibles on the ex4 display.

I can mount and use the shares as local directories, and also use FTP.
also access the dashboard from browser with these addresses.

No router no ADSL needed.

Hope my configuration can help you.