WD Elements issue with Windows 10

I purchased a WD Elements portable drive in April to back up files on my laptop running Windows 8. I recently had to purchase a new laptop, and it came with Windows 10. I am trying to retrieve the files from my WD Elements to load onto my new laptop. I am able to connect the portable drive to my new laptop and see it in the File Manager, but I can’t download the setup.exe file. I get the following error:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

NoSuchKey
The specified key does not exist.
akdlm/dlm/auth/WDSmartWareSetup_2.0.1.2.zip
A505E792EB5859AD

HIw/GO7/PL8LJ7DHIi3SF9FJcOb1YcMqKYhAJtz51Cz+wdNJMQPE+e4wLssVYlpa4y7wIQXFW2k=

This happens whether I use Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or IE to try to download.

Can someone please help?? Thanks!

You can not use the regular version of WD SmartWare with a WD Elements hard drive. WD SmartWare Pro is required.

If you did not purchase a licence for WD SmartWare Pro then you did not back-up your files using a WD application. Either another program was used, or the trial period was activated for the app and has since expired.

On either case you can download WD SmartWare from the following link:

I had purchased the license for WD SmartWare Pro but was incorrectly trying to download from the temporary download link. Thank you very much for providing the correct link! Everything is working fine now!

Thanks again!

I’m glad all is working.