WD Elements External Drive

I am running a Windows 10 home 64bit PC
My WD Elements drive is not being registered on the PC
When i go to device manager I do see under “Universal serial bus controllers”
“USB Mass storage device”
However when I go to file explore and select on “This PC” nothing is populating.
I do get a blinking white/blue light on the front of the drive itself and I can hear the drive running.
After some time I will see a pop up in “This PC” that says “Local Disk E:”
but all it does is load and load and nothing happens
I did download “Data lifeguard diagnostics” and it does show that the drive passes the smart test but the application freezes up and I have to close out and reopen it.
Disk Management also does not show the WD element drive
Also worth noting when I do have the Drive plugged into the system my whole computer locks up and windows take forever to load.
I also did try to boot the system into safe mode and no luck as well.
also noted I do have 4 additional WD Element drives that do work perfectly fine, I did try multiple other power adapters and plugged directly into the wall and other usb Cables that I know work cause they are used with other external drives that are able to be read.
I am at a complete loss with this if anyone can provide any information I would be forever grateful

Well, there can be various reasons for an HDD to become unresponsive. It can be a hardware issue or some technical issue in the software. Reconnecting the HDD won’t help in most cases. The HDD remains visible and may be detected by the system if you connect it to another PC, but it doesn’t respond.

Below are few possible reasons for HDD being unresponsive:

• A Lot of bad sectors
  • Infected File (Virus or Malware)
  • Driver issue
  • Mechanical failure

You can try the below options to resolve the issue:

• Run CHKDSK
  • Use an Antivirus & Anti-Malware tool
  • Re-install the drivers

However, there is a solution as well for the same. Here, I suggest you to check out the below blog to know the possible solutions for this issue: https://www.stellarinfo.com/blog/how-to-fix-not-responding-hard-drive/

Hope this will help.

I just purchased a WD Elements external HD. Is there a compatible software that will automatically backup my information? None of the software I found on the WD site work with my device.