WD elements 4TB stopped working

Hello all,
I have a WD elements 4TB and got it out of my desk today to move some data from my laptop. I has never been dropped or anything. I connected it and everything worked fine. Moved a lot of documents and some pictures.
After about 20 min (blue light was still blinking) the transfer got very slow. I canceled it and thought Ill restart my laptop. It got stuck in the restart process. After 5 min I disconnected the HDD and the restart worked.
When i reconnected the hard drive the was only a flashing white light blinking. The hard drive shows up in windows explorer but doesn’t read how much storage is there and is used and I cant open it without the explorer crashing.
I tried a different cable and a different PC and it still is the same issue.
Any ideas how to fix it?
Thank you

Did you use the Correct AC Power Adaptor for it ? ~ (12 Volts 1.5 Amps)

The WD Elements does not have external power supply
Thanks for the try

Anyone?
I am so disappointed. Never WD again…

Same problem here.

Most importantly, don’t even try to open up your drive. Opening an external drive may lead to a permanent data loss situation. There can be various reasons for an external HDD to become undetected or unresponsive. It can be a hardware issue or some technical issue in the software. Reconnecting the external HDD won’t help in most of the cases. The HDD remains visible and may be detected by the system if you connect it to another PC, but it doesn’t respond.

Below are few possible reasons for HDD being unresponsive:

1. A Lot of bad sectors
  2. Infected File (Virus or Malware)
  3. Driver issue
  4. Mechanical failure

Below are few options you can try:

1. Call the support team of WD & explain the issue to them & see what solution they provide. If their solution is worth a try then do accordingly.
  2. If the data in your drive is crucial which you cannot afford to lose then you can try using a reliable data recovery software to recover data from such drive.

Cheers!