WD Element is hidden and not hidden

As the title says it’s both hidden and not hidden. When I first plugged the device in worked. I was able to transfer my files into the device. The device would have been used as a full system restore (recovery image). After I transferred the files the icon for the device disappeared from “this PC”. Though it is recognized in the device manager. I tried unplugging, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, changed the power management in the USB root hub and resetting the PC . It still doesn’t show up. In disk management the device is there (the disk that has 3725 GB) but it has no drive assigned. When I right-click all the options are grayed out. I’m unable to assign a letter to the device. I would like to try and get it to connect again, but a factory reset would be ok too (I’ve tried to do that and was unsuccessful).

It’s a WD Element 4GB for PC Windows 8.1

Hi bobsuruncle,

You can try reformatting the drive using Diskpart functions on the Command Prompt and clean the drive.

Once you clean the drive, Initialize the drive into GPT and reformat the drive by referring the steps mentioned in the link given below.