WD DX4000 Sentinel Recovery Disc

Can you tell me why when I send you a private msg it indicates flagged for
moderation??

David P Rimi, CIO
Medical Office Solutions/CompSysGrp
310-877-5924_ tartoga1@aol.com_ (mailto:tartoga1@aol.com)

Language?
@Bill_S

Did the PC reboot with updates? The wizard should still have been there if the screen just locked.

I have the power setting set to never sleep etc so it shouldn’t have logged
off and even if it did the recovery screen should have been there. it
looks more like it rebooted
opps I need to check the windows update settings.

David P Rimi, CIO
310-877-5924_ tartoga1@aol.com_ (mailto:tartoga1@aol.com)

I wouldn’t know. But it’s probable that if there is any profanity, the system may be flagging it automatically.

Edit

Also, I just noticed that the user is posting his business information. The system might be flagging that as spam.

Well it wasn’t profanity spoken

David P Rimi, CIO
310-877-5924_ tartoga1@aol.com

In a message dated 1/20/2017 9:51:31 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
wd@discoursemail.com writes:

Bill_S_ (https://community.wd.com/users/bill_s)  WDStaff  

January 20

Gramps:

Language?

I wouldn’t know. But it’s probable that if there is any profanity, the
system may be flagging it automatically.
Edit
Also, I just noticed that the user is posting his business information.
The system might be flagging that as spam.

@Bill_S
Okay, thanks. I was just thinking if it showed flagged for moderation “why” might show up on your end.

Unfortunately, I didn’t review it, so I wouldn’t know. The system flags will usually just bring things to our attention to approve or disapprove.

I do, do you still need them?
OS.SWM 6 kb
OS2.SWM 3.63 Gb
OS3.SWM 2.72 Gb
SYS.WIM 8.6 Mb

Hi, We have been using Sentinel DX4000 since 2012. During a restart a few months ago it got stuck at “Loading OS”. I performed a recovery using the iso image, but after the recovery was completed, and I reached the point to access the server through a browser, I was able to select the language, region, confirm time, accept the license agreement, and as soon as I click next after accepting license agreement I get the error “The connection for this site is not secure “IP ADDRESS OF SERVER” uses an unsupported protocol”. I have tried Edge, Chrome, played with settings to allow all kinds of access, even used browsers on my android and ios phones and old computers with Windows XP and Windows 7 with older versions of browsers, on the same network, and I get the same error.

Has anyone else faced this issue? Is there a solution to this? I have the recovery complete, but just before I can enter the license key, I am unable to proceed further and complete setup to access our data.

Well, we have seen this before and had the same issue. Luckily we started having clients backing up their WDSentinels. We have had a number of them crash and not easily repaired.

We had multiple HDD failure on the original unit and had lost all the data. Luckily we had made a back up a few months ago on an external HDD and the loss was less, but still hurt us some. Since it was under warranty which was expiring soon, WD helped us and replaced the unit for us. This time around it seems it was an OS failure. However it is disappointing that WD has stopped support for these units. Main concern now is to connect and enter the product key, but due to the Unsupported Protocol error, I am helpless.

My thoughts are you have a bad recovery.
You need to verify the MD5 hash of your download. If it is correct I would suggest using a different thumb drive and do the recovery again.

Ignore below :slight_smile:
#WDUserRewards